With the world’s mobility and diversity increasing near-exponentially, it is vital for your company to understand how change can potentially serve your company’s interests. Throughout this workshop, we will begin to understand what exactly diversity and mobility are, and how they can create positive results for your work environment.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength
- Understand the importance of body language–both your own and that of others–and recognize its importance in interpersonal communications
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination